How to be awesome at anything
Google describes ‘awesome’ as being “extremely good or excellent”...
When you think about it, being awesome is not something you are necessarily born with. How could you be, you can’t even feed yourself, talk or wipe your butt. You need to create awesomeness for yourself, and the good news is it’s easy when you know how to own your life. After all, you’re stuck with it forever!
Owning your life means that you call the shots. Nobody tells you how to do you, how to live your life, they ask you how it is, and if it isn't, you tell them how it's going to be. That doesn’t give you permission to be rude. But once you’ve got that level of confidence, you’ll find yourself walking into every situation as if you own it.
You must master everything in your life. Apparently it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill. Well, spend time focusing on one thing until you master it, then move onto the next. Focus on the skills you’re passionate about so you don’t give up or get distracted.
If that sounds too hard, start small. Take a minute every day to learn a new word, and then make it your goal that day to use that new word, before you know it, you’ll be the master of your own domain.
When you’re the master of your domain, you become more confident. Confidence will flow out your pores and so long as you keep your confidence in check by balancing it out with a healthy dose of humility, you’ll be awesome in the eyes of others.
With confidence, you’re happy to go where others won’t. To live on the edge of your seat and have fun. This is what separates the awesome from the mundane. You master life, you can make boring people laugh, you can make ugly people feel beautiful, and you can take on people twice your size. Here's how to be awesome at everything!
25 Ways to Become a Better Person Today
- Try something new, or something you haven't done in a while.
- Sing in the shower.
- Dance through every inch of your house.
- Go for a run every day.
- Provide solutions to problems, not problems to solutions.
- Watch a movie you've never seen before.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Smile more… better yet, laugh more!
- Develop a new talent, use it and get feedback.
- Seek guidance from experts in related fields about how you can get better.
- Have a mentor. Reach out to other people who might act as a mentor.
- Learn from your failures.
- Get your ego out of the picture. Great people that manage to stay humble are "especially awesome".
- Be funny.
- Be adventurous. Travel to new and interesting places.
- Have sexy-time (safely of course)
- Learn about unexpected things. Don't be afraid to break away from the pack if it's what you want to do.
- Express your awesome traits through style. Don't mimic a style. Make your own style
- Be reliable. You are someone who can always be depended on.
- Be kind and generous. Be willing to literally give the shirt off your back.
- Be driven.
- Help others, don’t hinder them to better yourself.
- Be self-aware through greater perspective. Learn how to see the forest from the trees.
- Be a role model for younger kids.
- Do random acts of kindness. Buy a friend a fun gift. Hold the door open for people coming in behind you. Tell your colleagues how much you value their work. Help people less privileged than you.
The Fastest Way To Start An Awesome Conversation With Someone You Just Met
So you’ve meant someone for the first time and you want to make a good impression but you know nothing about them. Where do you start? Simple! Ask them how they would spend their last 24 hours on earth? This question is the fastest way to understand what people are truly passionate about in life. As you hear more about their passions, go deeper on topics you have common interests in.
5 Ways To Take Your Life From Great To Amazing From Awesome People At Facebook
"If I'm writing a short story or imagining one I say their lines aloud. Most of the time I forget who I really am and I become someone else." - Lorena Balcázar Rodríguez, Facebook
"Run a hot bubble bath. Make sure your alcohol of choice, music device and a good book are within reach of the tub. Lie in tub, drinking at a leisurely pace and warming up water as necessary, for two to three hours." - Rianna Robinson, Facebook
"Traveling alone is amazing. It's the best way to get to know yourself, and other people, if you choose to. It's a wonderful way to learn to be alone, and to rely on yourself." - Jen Price, Facebook
"I take myself on dates to the movies and dinner. It's so relaxing to not have to worry about holding up a conversation. You just sit there by yourself and take in the world." - Stefanie Nicole Ward, Facebook
"Download a good podcast and walk around the city until your feet are tired. Take streets you've never been down before, grab a coffee from that place you always pass but have never ventured in, put your phone on aeroplane mode, and just wander." - Robyn Collinge, Facebook
Awesome One-liners About ‘money’
Look, we get it. You think it takes a lot of money to be awesome. Well, we’re here to prove it doesn’t. In fact, here are a few one-liners you can keep up your sleeve for the next time money comes up in conversation...
- “Staying in bed all day is my way of saving money.”
- “I am one step away from being rich, all I need now is money.”
- “They say money doesn't bring happiness, but everyone still wants to prove it for themselves.”
- “Do I run? Yes... Out of time, patience and money.”
- “Me: I am so glad I saved all this money. Me again: It's time to spend it, you know you want to.”
- “Why does it take 5-7 business days to refund my money when it took 5-7 seconds to take it out of my account?”
Now That You’re Awesome, Here Are 3 Ways To Respond When Someone Says Your Awesome
- On the surface: cool as a cucumber. On the inside: squirrel in traffic.
- I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
- Listen, before I had my coffee, I didn't know how awesome I was going to be today either.